ABOUT THE ARCHIVE
ACROSS THE DECADES – 40 YEARS OF DATA ARCHIVING
In 2007 the UK Data Archive celebrated 40 years of data archiving with a series of events, a publication and a website chronicling the changes over the years
The booklet and the web pages include:
- an introduction by Ian Diamond, past Chief Executive of the ESRC
- descriptions of the origins of the Archive
- the social science environment across the years
- profiles of people who worked at the Archive
- processing and preservation activities with details of media used over the years
The journey concludes with a forward look by Kevin Schürer, then Director of the Archive.
Readers who would like to share any memories of the Archive can email us with comments or suggestions.