The UK Data Archive offices are closed from 12.30 GMT on Friday 23 December 2016 and will re-open on Tuesday 3 January 2017. Online services will run unattended during this period.
Season's Greetings to all our users.
CREATE & MANAGE DATA
ADVICE & TRAINING
We provide guidance and training on many aspects of data management and sharing, through web-based and printed advice, workshops and bespoke advice.
Our web-based and printed guidance is modularised to make it easier to seek the right kind of advice, be it on informed consent, anonymisation, data storage or data formats. Up-to-date content is held on the UK Data Service websiteVIEW GUIDANCE
You can contact our expert Research Data Management team on any aspect of data management planning or data sharing via our helpdesk at the UK Data Service.GET IN TOUCH
We offer a programme of training and workshops in many aspects of data management and sharing:
- data management planning and costing for researchers, grant reviewers and research administrators
- consent, confidentiality and ethics in data sharing, including for Research Ethics Committees
- describing and contextualising data, including critical metadata
- appraising and reviewing data
- assessing data formats, data storage, back-up and security
- copyright and the use of existing resources
- running an EPrints ReCollect repository
We run workshops ourselves and in conjunction with other organisations and are always happy to respond to requests to provide training. From 2012, the majority of training is run by our UK Data Service.TRAINING
We provide resources for training to support the teaching of reseach data management practices. These modularised resources are now published as a 2014 handbook with an accompanying website.TRAINING RESOURCES
The UK Data Archive offers a range of cost-effective data management planning consultancy and digital preservation services.OUR PROFESSIONAL DATA SERVICES