The UK Data Archive offices are closed from 12.30 GMT on Friday 23 December 2016 and will re-open on Tuesday 3 January 2017. Online services will run unattended during this period.
Season's Greetings to all our users.
NEWS & EVENTS
Staff vacancy: Collections Development Officer
Article dated: 16 July 2013The UK Data Archive has received funding for a project to build a new self-deposit data system for ESRC award holders.
A Collections Development Officer will be recruited within the Collections Development and Producer Support section of the UK Data Service to:
- manage and oversee the deposit of research data into the self-deposit system, ESRC Data Store
- manage and coordinate data deposit reviews
- liaise with ESRC grant applicants and award holders on their data sharing responsibilities towards the ESRC
The Officer will:
- deal with routine and difficult enquiries on data deposit and data sharing from ESRC grant applicants and award holders, including queries about research ethics and data protection, file formats and long-term data preservation
- act as liaison person with the ESRC to coordinate compliance monitoring for the ESRC research data policy and to be the first port of call for ESRC relating to the contractual responsibilities towards data sharing of award holders
- participate in testing of the new ESRC Data Store system, coordination of work flows and reviews for the system, assisting with data and metadata transfer of an existing archive into the new system, and preparation of user guidance for the deposit of data
- be required to contribute to data management training for ESRC award holders and ESRC research centres
For this work, applicants should have a first degree in social sciences, or a related field, or similar level experience.
Applicants will also be expected to have a good understanding of diverse social science data and data use in research, of research ethics and fieldwork procedures, and be highly computer literate with proficiency in MS Office Professional and internet.
The UK Data Archive is curator of the UK's largest collection of digital data in the social sciences and humanities. It is also a partner in delivering the UK Data Service, an online portal for social science data, documentation and guidance. Both are vital resources for researchers, policymakers, teachers and students around the world.
The UK Data Archive is ISO 27001, certified for Information Security Management.