Research data management
The UK Data Archive provided some of the earliest published guidance and best practice in managing and sharing research data. Our training session and materials date back to 2002 when we ran sessions for data creators. Since then we have developed and refined our materials, publishing our first booklet on research data management in 2005. Since then, many other data providers have reused and repurposed our work.
- Advice on creating, preparing, storing and sharing data on the UK Data Service website
- Microdata handling and security: guide to good practice, 2017 (PDF). This guide is for users of microdata accessed from the UK Data Archive
- Managing and Sharing Research Data, A Guide to Good Practice, 2014. Sage Publications Handbook
- Managing and Sharing Data: Training Resources, 2011 (PDF)
- Managing and Sharing Data Guide, 2011 (PDF)